Saturday, June 18, 2011

Which is real face of “Indian Journalism “?



Which is real face of “Indian Journalism “?

Sanate ko chirti Sansaniiiiiiiiiii….I know there must have been weird expressions telecasted on your face’s screen, but don’t worry; nothing wrong with me, it is just a condition of my mind. You must have heard the shocking and very sad news of J.Dey, the crime reporter of Mid-day, writer. Sunday’s relaxing Mumbai suddenly woke up by this vibrant news. As per many other people I too took this news very lightly because I didn’t know anything about this courageous, workaholic, dashing and mysterious journalist but when I read so many great and shocking work of this great person, at that time I felt that very precious thing we have lost. He was the one who really worked hard during early 90s against mafias and underworld Dons. He didn’t work as today’s journalist, who search news for his own benefit, who makes news of nonsense things, who does business of news, who creates fake news and many more things, you must know more than me, J Dey was a real journalist, he worked for people, he worked for truth, he worked by facing numbers of dangerous and killing conditions. As per his collogues, J Dey was working like mysterious secret detective, he was introvert but his way of handling criminal cases was hardcore. The moment I heard this bad news, one question started popping up in my brain again and again that in a way the condition of Mumbai and India is moving towards worst tunnel as if such a great people will leave then what will happen of this country?


I have completely fallen into the confusion that which is factual face of Indian Journalism? Because in school days I learned that during the independence period, journalism was a prime source through which we had started the new powerful inning of India’s freedom, it had worked as sharp and massive weapon that killed the soul of East India Company. This image was alive in my mind till the time of new face of media. After that I think Indian journalism got converted as an entertainment source, it has become busy in many things other than journalism like celebrities, bollywood, astrology, food, travel, health etc...I can’t mention all things otherwise my article will cover by these things only…hehehe.  You must be agree with me, you can switch on any news channel at any time you will find something weird than simply informative news. Earlier news channel was working as proactive information provider, guider and alerter but now they have become scary devils, who scare people by showing baseless and false news, but there is a base to my this sentence, do you remember two or three years before rainy season of Mumbai, when the entire city become swimming pool but seriously it was tough time for Mumbaikers. At that time, news channels were doing only one thing, they were showing videos of water blocked areas again and again and scaring people, it was ridiculous. They didn’t stop this fool thing in the next years also they had started showing old videos of rainy season. All these things have created bad image of Indian Journalism in my mind but suddenly I heard about this great personality and my mind lost into the thinking world. Then I reached at deciding point that, even if TV journalism has lost their grade, paper journalism is still in their true face. At this moment,  we common people should be our own journalist and should keep ourselves alert and active.

0 comments:

Post a Comment